Sunday, September 19, 2010

Suggestions, please!

Well, another week has gone by and my life in not so much more interesting. We didn't end up going to Vienna on Wednesday, because everyone had work to do (except me, of course... it would appear that teaching Kindergarten is a free pass on all the crazy planning this school requires from its teachers). I did, however, go downtown with Jackie and take some photos of random Bratislava landmarks. I was pretty fun, actually, acting like a tourist. I've posted the photos on Facebook, so I assume everyone has pretty much seen them.

This week, Philipp's crying has been reduced to about an hour a day. He cries when his mom or dad drops him off in the morning, then he stops. Then he starts again at lunch (it's like he knows that lunch means the day is almost over and his parents will be here soon), and all-out wails during "rest time". Then he stops again and is pretty quiet until his parents get there. Maybe next week will be even better... one can only hope!

Yesterday, I went down to Bratislava castle with Shelby and Danko. It was closed. It's probably better off, though, since I'm pretty sure the inside is a museum and I really have no interest in visiting it. I'm not smart enough for museums. Since the castle was closed and this cut our afternoon meandering short, we decided to walk around the city aimlessly. We came upon a hostel, so stepped inside to steal some maps and/or brochures. We got one that advertised a "Free Walking Tour of Bratislava", so decided to do that... except we didn't want to see half of what was on it, so we just followed the map and did it ourselves. We saw the Castle, the Presidential Palace and it's gardens, and some old buildings we had never really noticed before. the palace gardens were my favourite because there was an adult-sized see-saw in them. Awesome! We played on them for a while and made complete fools of ourselves before leaving. There is photographic evidence of this on Facebook... I only posted 3 pictures, but we took like 10. Real mature.

Today is kind of a veg day, but I think we are going to try for Vienna again next weekend. Apparently, there is some kind of show where people come and try to break Guiness World Records, so that could be interesting... I'm open to suggestions as to which record you think I could train for and beat in a week's time.

Let me know!

Steph :)

4 comments:

  1. Go for the vagina bubbles record!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try to grow a penis and then lift a 40 pound rock with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph has a tiny penis fromw hen she did gymnastics.

    Also, as for this german boy, shove a strudle in his mouth and call it a day. Now thats what i call teaching!!

    -Original and Superior Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, the stupid kid will just eat the strudel and keep on screaming, so I recommend a sock instead, and a quick layer of duct tape for good measure.
    As for a talent, I recommend juggling so that you won't have wasted all that time for absolutely nothing. Or (probably a safer bet if you wanna win) go for a record in slutting...if they need testimonies of friends we will all be willing to speak on your behalf. And of course you can sleep with all the judges, which will both prove your point AND entice them to reward you! Foolproof.

    - New and Improved Heather

    ReplyDelete